Short Term Study Visa (STSV-6 Months)


This is the normal visa used to study English for 6 months and available for people at any level of English.

You cannot extend this visa. 

After a maximum of 6 months, you must return to country of your origin. 

You are not allowed to work if you have a STSV.


Short Term Study Visa (11 months) (STSV-11 Months)


This is a visa available if your course will last for more than 6 months. 

A STSV-11 lasts 11 months and is available for people at any level of English.

You must enrol for the course which lasts for more than 6 months before applying for this visa.

You must have a visa support letter from us and show that you have enough money to pay for your course and to live in the UK.

An STSV-11 visa is only valid for studying English and You are not allowed to work on this visa.

You cannot extend this visa. Whatever your nationality, you must get your STSV-11 MONTHS visa from your home country before you come to the UK. 


Further information about this short term visas, you can find here.



Students from certain countries studying for 6 months or longer must undertake pre-entry tuberculosis (TB) screening before they are granted a visa for the UK.  For a list of countries affected, please click here.

 Anyone entering the UK with a Short Term Study Visa lasting more than 6 months must pay a Health Surcharge fee, which allows them to use the National Health Service. 

 If you are using an agent in your own country they will help you with the visa application.  If you are applying personally, you can find the form you need by clicking here

Check if you need a visa